Fireworks Likely Sparked Fire At Former GM Site
As fireworks enthusiasts await word from local fire officials as to whether they will be able to light their personal stash, a fire in Lansing Township last night isn't helping their cause. According to WILX.com, officials say that fireworks likely sparked the quarter acre brush fire at the former stamping site along West Saginaw Street.
Despite the dry conditions, fire officials were able to extinguish the flames in about 10 minutes, according to the WILX article. Delta Township firefighters assisted Lansing Township fire personnel.