TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING GENERAL CONTEST RULES
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN ALL OF OUR CONTESTS AND WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU OF OUR GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
1. ONLY ONE WINNER PER PERSON EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL WINNERS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
2. ALL PRIZES NOT CLAIMED WITHIN TWO WEEKS (14 DAYS) OF THE DATE WON WILL BE FOREFEITED. IF A PRIZE IS NOT CLAIMED, THE WINNER IS STILL CONSIDERED A CONTEST WINNER AND MUST ADHERE TO THE RULES OF EILGIBILITY.
3. ONCE A PRIZE IS WON ON THE AIR, AND ALL OF THE WINNER’S INFORMATION IS TAKEN, YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL WINNER OF TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & THEIR STATIONS AND MUST ABIDE BY ALL OF THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.
4. ANYONE WHO WINS ONE THOUSAND ($1000) DOLLARS OR MORE IN CASH, PRIZES, OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH ON ANY/ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING STATIONS COMBINED IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN AGAIN FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR. ANYONE WHO WINS PRIZE(S) VALUED AT $600.00 ON ANY/ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING STATIONS COMBINED WITHIN A CALENDAR YEAR WILL RECEIVE A 1099 TAX FORM WHICH MUST BE FILED WITH THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE FROM EITHER TOWNSQUARE MEDIA OR THE SPONSOR/PRIZE PROVIDER.
5. ALL CALLS ON THE CONTEST LINE CAN BE RECORDED FOR PLAYBACK ON ANY AND ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA STATIONS.
6. ALL PRIZES MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING BUSINESS OFFICE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS, MONDAY – FRIDAY 8a.m – 5p.m EXCEPT HOLIDAYS.
7. PROPER ID MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN PICKING UP A PRIZE AND A STANDARD RELEASE FORM MUST BE SIGNED.
8. .ALL PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND MAY NOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. PRIZES MAY ONLY BE WON BY THE PERSON ON THE PHONE AT THE TIME OF WINNING. ALTERNATE WINNER NAMES OR WINNING FOR SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT ALLOWED. IF THIS IS DETERMINED TO BE THE CASE, OR IF A CALLER IS WINNING UNDER ANY FRAUDULENT OR QUESTIONABLE METHODS, THE CONTEST & WINNINGS WILL BE FORFEITED AND THE CONTEST MAY BE RE-PLAYED AT A LATER DATE. IF THE CALLER/POTENTIAL WINNER PERSISTS IN THIS METHOD THEY MAY BE BANNED FROM FUTURE WINNING WITH THIS AND/OR OTHER TOWNSQUARE MEDIA RADIO STATIONS.
9. PRIZES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANY REASON.
10. TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVENTS CANCELLED AND/OR RESCHEDULED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REPLACING TICKETS/PRIZES ALREADY WON TO THE EVENTS CANCELLED.
11. EMPLOYEES OF TOWNSQUARE MEDIA., ITS STATIONS, PARTICIPATING SPONSORS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND EMPLOYEES OF ANY RADIO STATION IN THE LANSING, MI TOTAL SURVEY AREA, AS DESIGNATED BY ARBITRON, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN.
12. TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS ASSUME THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE RULES AT ANY TIME.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What are your office hours / phone numbers? Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The office is NOT open on weekend or holidays. Office phone – (517) 394-7272
2. Where do I pick up my prize? All prizes (unless instructed to do otherwise) can be claimed at the Townsquare Media- Lansing Business Office, located at 3420 Pine Tree Road in Lansing. Our office has handicap parking and is handicap-accessible.
3. How long do I have to pick up a prize after winning? We allow 2 weeks for claiming a prize. If you have a problem, call us and we can give you an extension. However, if the prize you won has an expiration date or if you won tickets to an event, it is your responsibility to pick up your prize before it becomes void. The prize will not be replaced if it is not picked up in a timely manner.
4. Can someone pick up a prize for me? Yes. However, they must present a copy of your drivers’ license which shows the office they are authorized to claim your prize and sign on your behalf. If the prize you won is valued at over $100.00, you must appear yourself and sign. The only exception to this is a parent/legal guardian claiming a prize for a minor child or claiming a large prize which must be done by the winner in person.
5. Will I be taxed for prizes won?If you win a prize/prizes which have a combined value of $600.00 or more during the calendar year (combined from all Townsquare Media stations) you will receive a 1099 Miscellaneous Income Form and your winnings will be reported.
6. How often can I win? Once per 30-day period per person. Winning/Prizes are non-transferable.
7. What are the rules for participating in a contest for a big prize, such as a trip?Contests we do for large prizes will have their own rules which will be posted on the website during the contest and also available for viewing during our regular business hours. If you win a large prize you will be contacted directly concerning arrangements for claiming your prize.
8. Can prizes be mailed? As a winner, it is your responsibility to claim your prize or authorize someone to pick it up for you. A prize can be mailed if you make arrangements with Jordan Lee to send a stamped, self-address envelope to us. If a prize is mailed, the winner understands that it can not be replaced if it is lost, damaged, delayed or destroyed. Some prizes, regardless of circumstances, can not be mailed. In this event, if the winner can not make arrangements for prize pick-up, the prize(s) must be forfeited.
9. How do I submit a Public Service/Non-profit event to the website calendar? We are happy to offer non-profit organizations, churches, clubs & community organizations a means of publicizing their events free of charge on our website event calendar. Public Service Announcements are specifically for non-profit organizations to publicize their organization and community events without charge. On the EVENT tab on the home page one of the drop-down options is “submit an event” which will guide you through the submission process. Once an event is approved it will appear on the calendar.
10. I won a prize that I really don’t want. Can I trade for something else? No, we do not allow prize-trading…make sure the prize is something you want before you win.
11. I didn’t claim a prize that I won. Do I still have to wait 30 days before winning again? Yes, the 30 day rule applies to “winning” not “claiming”.
12. I am interested in an INTERNSHIP or JOB SHADOW…who do I contact? We do offer internships which must be done for actual class credits and are normally 12 weeks in length. Job Shadows are normally done through a school or job agency.
For more information or specific questions, email Kristen.Matthews@townsquaremedia.com or call (517) 887-3290.
Blue Moon Shanty Creek Resorts Giveaway January 2015 Rules:
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Entry in the contest will only be considered eligible by participants 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must be legal residents of the State Of Michigan. One (1) entry per person will be accepted. Employees of Townsquare Media LLC, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaway (collectively Giveaway Entities) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. The Contest is presented by Blue Moon a division of Dan Henry Distributing in association with Townsquare Media of Lansing, MI and its parent company, Townsquare Media, LLC (the Sponsor) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Participating stations of Townsquare Media-Lansing include: WMMQ-FM
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the contest constitutes entrant full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: Participants may enter to win at specific live remote broadcasts during the contest period. These will be publicized on-air and listed on websites of www.wmmq.com. The contest period will run from Wednesday, 1/7/15-1/29/15.
5. Drawing: On Friday, 1/30/15 during WMMQ AM Drive (6:00am-10:00am) all entries will be combined. Two (2) Winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified at the phone number supplied when entering the contest and receive details about claiming prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within 3 business days of drawing, an alternate potential winner will be randomly drawn from remaining entries. Winner status and/or prize is non-transferable.
6. Prize: Two prizes will be awarded for this contest as follows:
a. Gift certificate for the winner & 3 guests valid for lodging accommodations for 4-days/3-nights at Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire, MI.
b. Lift passes for 4 for 2 days (for skiing during season to be used by 3/29/15) or golf for 4 for 2 days (for golf season to be used by 8/31/15).
Each prize package has a total value of $1,118.00.
The prize does not include transportation. The winner/guests are responsible for making reservations (subject to availability, some exclusions apply), responsible for all meals and this prize does not include ski or golf club rental. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Federal 1099 (Miscellaneous Income Form) will be issued to the winner for the determined Federal/State/Local income tax reporting periods by Townsquare Media-Lansing, the prize provider.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of any on-air registration period is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to weather, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend the registration to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors, and contest. Entities liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Contest Entities be liable for attorney fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
10. Contest Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Giveaway you are requesting the winners for) to Townsquare Media List, c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable Giveaway.