Heartbreaking Story of Michigan Family Who Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
The Quasarano family of Fenton Township lost power in their home during Friday night's windstorms that swept through the lower peninsula. MLive.com reports that 35 year old Leonard Quasarano went out and bought a generator that night and hooked it up to restore electricity to the family home.
Authorities say that the family of six, the children ranging in age from nearly 2 years to eleven years old, appeared to have all succumbed to the odorless, colorless carbon monoxide gas from the generator.
Just a thought; maybe when trying to think of a gift for a loved one (especially parents who have everything!), a carbon monoxide detector might be a boring, but life saving gift. They start around $20.