KIA / HS Football Rules
1. Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Entry in the contest will only be considered eligible by participants 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must be legal residents of the State Of Michigan. One (1) entry per person per registration event (either on-air or on location) will be accepted. Employees of Townsquare Media LLC, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaways, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaways (collectively Giveaway Entities) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Contest is Kia of Lansing in association with Townsquare Media of Lansing, MI and its parent company, Townsquare Media, LLC (the Sponsor) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Participating stations of Townsquare Media-Lansing include: WFMK-FM, WITL-FM, WJIM-FM & WMMQ-FM.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the contest constitutes entrant full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: On location entry into the contest will be accepted once per week during live remote broadcasts prior various High School Football games (highlighted “Game Of The Week”) in the Mid-Michigan Area beginning Thursday, 8/28/14 and ending Friday, 10/24/14. The time/location of each weekly on location entry by this method will be publicized on-air and station website(s) during each specific week. Registrations will also be taken on-air during various registration periods by the participating station that will be conducting that week’s on-location registration period from the High School Football Game. A Kia Soul will be on display at live remote broadcasts associated with this contest. However, the vehicle on display may not be the same vehicle to which the 2-year lease is awarded at the conclusion of the contest.
5. Drawing: After each weekly entry period, entries taken on-air and at the live remote broadcast entry event at High School Football “Game Of The Week” will be combined and ten (10) weekly finalists drawn at random from all eligible entries. The odds of being selected as a finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received during the weekly Entry Period. Potential finalists will be contacted via the phone number provided on the entry form and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address. If a potential finalist cannot be contacted within 3 business days of drawing, an alternate potential finalist will be randomly drawn from remaining entries. Finalist status and/or prize is non-transferable. 1 finalist per household (residing at the same address per address on valid Michigan driver’s license) will be eligible to participate in the final portion of the contest. A total of ninety (90) finalists will be determined by this method. The final ten (10) finalists will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries combined at the conclusion of the entry portion of the contest. A total of 100 finalists will be determined.
All finalists will be required to attend the final contest event taking place at KIA OF LANSING on Tuesday, 11/11/14 (specific time pending). At this final event, finalists will be required to show a valid Michigan Driver’s License (as confirmation of identity, age and legality to drive a vehicle). Finalists will be allowed through a random method to be awarded a key. Of the 100 keys awarded to the finalists, one (1) key will start the engine of a 2014 Kia Soul. Finalists will be allowed to try their keys one-at-a-time and the contest will conclude and the prize will be awarded to the first finalist whose key starts the engine.
In the event that a finalist cannot attend the final event, a proxy may be sent who will be required to bring a signed proxy form from the finalist along with a copy of the finalists’ driver’s license and present their own driver’s license to verify identification. Complete details of this process will be explained to each finalist at the time of being notified with all final event details.
6. Prize: The prize which will be awarded at the final event as stated above will be a 2-year lease on a 2014 Kia Soul provided by Kia of Lansing and the prize provider will include some fees as part of the prize. The winner must present proof of insurance and must qualify for Tier 1 lease through Kia Motor Financing or have a qualified co-signer on the 2-year lease. If the winner does not qualify within a 30-day period of prize being awarded, then the winner will receive an alternate prize of $3,000.00 provided by Kia of Lansing-Jackson/Young Auto Group. The winner may also choose this alternate prize instead of the 2-year lease at the time of prize being awarded. No other cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Federal 1099 (Miscellaneous Income Form) will be issued to the winner for the determined Federal/State/Local income tax reporting periods by Kia of Lansing, the prize provider. The amount of this determined by the value of prize the winner chooses.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of any live remote or on-air registration period is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to weather, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the finalists at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors, and contest. Entities liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Contest Entities be liable for attorney fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
10. Contest Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Giveaway you are requesting the winners for) to Townsquare Media List, c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable Giveaway.