Lansing Neighborhood Flood Evacuation Notices
Lansing and Lansing Township are in a State of Emergency because of flooding. Police went door-to-door in several neighborhoods to hand out evacuation notices to residents because it's not safe to stay in their homes at this time.
The following neighborhoods have received notice to evacuate:
- Urbandale - South of Michigan Ave./East of Fairview Ave./North of 496/West of 127
- Sycamore Park - East of Pennsylvania Ave./North of Mt. Hope St./South and West of the River
- Knollwood Willow - East of North Grand River Ave./North of Willow St./South and West of the River
- Baker - South of the River/West of Pennsylvania Ave./East of Cedar/North of Baker
- Cherry Hill - South of Kalamazoo/North of 496/East of Cherry/West of the River
- Riverside - All areas along the River should be mindful of rising water
- Riverpoint - South, West and East of the River/North of Elm Street (residential area Northeast of ReoTown)
The American Red Cross is assisting residents in providing shelter at Letts Community Center (1220 W Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48915) beginning at 12:00 PM noon today.