We all know of the buildup that is caused by snow, slush and road grime, that collects behind our tires in the winter. But what is "it" called? It has to have some scientific name, that is derived from some ancient latin term. Something historic that the Romans used when they had the same buildup on their wagons when they raided Germania!

So, here's the question in two parts; 1) What do you call it? 2) When you see it, do you have a sudden urge to remove it? Even though it may not be attached to your vehicle. Inquiring minds want to know!

- Duran