How To Make (And Show Us) Your Facebook Avatar
Quarantine has given many of us a lot of extra time to join in on seemingly silly trends on social media, the latest? Cartoon versions of yourself!
Some of you may be familiar with avatar-creating apps like Bitmoji, but Facebook wanted to give us a new way to interact with each other, virtually but still with some sort of face-to-face feeling.
I will admit, it is a bit challenging to be 100% accurate when digitizing yourself but with the Facebook Avatar settings, you have all kinds of customization options from body type all the way to simple things like eyelashes.
Here is mine, for an example!
For those who are interested in creating one for yourself, here is how MLive says you should go about it:
- You have to make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook app. If you don't, go ahead and update.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner (on mobile app)
- Scroll all the way down until you can click on "see more"
- Click "Avatars", then click "Next"
- Customize your avatar's skin tone, body type, face shape, eye color and even personal style.
- Interact with your friends! Once your avatar is created, Facebook creates "stickers" you can use in comments and messages to people.
Feel free to drop your avatars in the comment section and say hello! We have a feeling things are about to get very interesting on our social media!
While these may not be everyone's thing and there is no pressure to create one, it is just a fun little thing anyone can take part in and that's what social media is all about.
MORE: Recreating Childhood Photos