So, maybe you forgot to show up for a court appearance in Ionia County. Maybe, you have a bench warrant for not paying a fine. According to, you may be given a second chance to do right by county officials.

Ionia County is offering amnesty to those with bench warrants for minor offenses. If you owe money, they'll work out a payment plan with you. If you missed a court appearance, a new date will be scheduled for you.

However, you must turn yourself in before being released from your warrant. WLNS says to keep in mind that this only applies to Ionia District Court. Warrants from other courts do not apply and you may be arrested if you turn yourself in on those warrants.