Enormous Wealth! See Who The Richest Person In Michigan Is
Regardless of how someone accumulates their fortune, these folks in Michigan have deep pockets. The piles of money these people have accumulated aren't child's play. These Michigan peeps have billions upon billions of dollars in the bank.
One billion dollars in U.S. currency equals 1,000 million dollars. This large numerical value holds significant importance when discussing vast quantities.
One million dollars is hard to imagine. The things I could do with one thousand million dollars would be limitless.
These are the richest people in Michigan. The rankings are based on the Forbes' "2023 World's Billionaire" list. We will start with the poorest of the wealthiest in Michigan.
Dan Gilbert is ranked #92 on Forbes’ 2023 “World’s Billionaire List,” thus making him the wealthiest person in Michigan. This guy is rolling in the cash, he's the chairman for Detroit-based Rocket Companies Inc. Dan's net worth is $18 billion. Dan didn't make his money by sitting around, he started hustlin at a young age.
- Dan Gilbert cofounded what would become Quicken Loans, the largest mortgage lender in the U.S., in 1985 at 22 years old.
- Quicken, which originated $320 billion in mortgages in 2020, went public as Rocket Companies in August 2020 at a $36 billion valuation.
- He also owns the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers.
- He and his companies have invested $5.6 billion to purchase and rehab a swath of buildings in downtown Detroit, with a plan to create 24,000 jobs.
- He also cofounded online sneaker sale platform StockX, which became a unicorn in 2019 and was most recently valued by investors at $3.8 billion.