OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg Hunt Rules 2018
Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Entry in the contest will only be considered eligible by participants 21 years of age. Only legal State of Michigan 21years of age or older with a valid Social Security number and State Issued ID at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. One (1) entry per person will be accepted. Employees of Townsquare Media LLC, Big Ten Party Stores, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaway (collectively Giveaway Entities) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. The Contest is presented by 94.9 WMMQ-FM a division of Townsquare Media, in association with Big Ten Party Stores. Townsquare Media of Lansing, MI and its parent company, Townsquare Media, LLC (the Sponsor) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Participating stations of Townsquare Media-Lansing include: WMMQ-FM. Contest presenters have the discretion to amend contest rules at any point during execution of the game.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the contest constitutes entrant full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The contest will begin on Monday, March 26, 2018 and will end no later than Friday, March 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”)
5. There is one way to enter this Contest:
94.9 WMMQ is giving away a sum of $500. Listeners will be encouraged to search the 94.9 WMMQ immediate listening area for the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg. One person holds the key to the grand prize. The key that provides access to the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg will only be given to the first person to verbatim say:
“Have I found the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter keg?”
The first person to correctly state the phrase to the key-holder chosen by WMMQ ,“Have I found the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter keg?” will be given a key providing access to the keg. That first person to correctly state the specified phrase, get the key from the WMMQ designated key-holder and find the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg will get a certificate redeemable for a check for $500.00, which will be presented to the winner upon verification at the offices and studios of 94.9 WMMQ.
The area of game play is the 94.9 WMMQ immediate listening area (in or within very close proximity to the city of Lansing).
Different clues will be broadcast on-air at 94.9 WMMQ-FM beginning Monday, March 26, 2018, three times daily (Monday through Friday) at 7:05am, 12:05pm and 5:05 pm until the 94.9 WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg is located. Three (3) clues will be announced each weekday for the duration of the contest. CLUES WILL NOT BE REPEATED.
The same clues will also be given each day via the free WMMQ app 15 minutes BEFORE clues are announced on-air.
The same clues will also be posted at all four Greater Lansing Big Ten Party Stores.
The contest cannot be won outside the designated operation hours of Monday 3/26/18 through Friday 3/30/18, 6AM-10AM. Contest designated operation hours and clue delivery times can be changed anytime at station's discretion.
To receive the prize (gift), the potential winner will be required to present 2 forms of government issued I.D. at the 94.9 WMMQ-FM studios, located at 3420 Pine Tree Road, Lansing, Michigan, 48911. Arrangements will be made with the potential winner for a specific time/date to present themselves at our studios and sign all appropriate forms for prize to be awarded. Once specified identification is presented at the Townsquare Media/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing offices and paperwork is completed, a check request will be submitted to Townsquare Media Corporate Headquarters and winnings will be mailed directly to the designated winner.
The question has to be asked directly, in person, and in close physical proximity, to the person the listener believes to be the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder. If that person is the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder and has been asked the appropriate question listed above during a contest period they will answer “yes” and that contestant will, subject to complying with these Terms & Conditions in full, win the gift.
In the event that more than one person approaches and correctly questions the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder, the winner of the gift will be the person who asks first. If more than one person correctly asks at the same time, the gift will be divided equally between those people. All decisions as to which person has correctly questioned the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder first or which persons have correctly questioned the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder at the same time will be at the absolute discretion of the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder and no correspondence or discussions will be entertained. The 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder decision is final.
No person who approaches and/or questions the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holderwill be answered truthfully or will win a prize if any of the following apply: They have done so outside of the designated hours of operation 6AM-10AM, the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder is traveling in private transport, the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder is in a private residence or place of accommodation. That person asking is ineligible to enter this contest. The 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder may or may not be in the listening area during designated hours of operation.
There is one person who has been appointed and nominated the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder. 94.9 WMMQ-FM may at its absolute discretion at any time replace the94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder with another person selected by 94.9 WMMQ-FM.
6. 94.9 WMMQ-FM does not guarantee the safety of participants in this contest. By participating, contestants agree that 94.9 WMMQ-FM, Townsquare Media-Lansing, Big Ten Party Stores, its officers, agents and employees will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind suffered by participants, as a result in whole or in part, directly or indirectly relating to this contest. 94.9 WMMQ-FM, Townsquare Media-Lansing, and/or Big Ten Party Stores are not responsible for the negligence of the contestants.
7 . The 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder will be easy to access and/or approach and will be in public locations. Any one participant found searching on private land or using private land to access or gain unfair advantage to the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder will be immediately disqualified.
8. Anyone participating in the contest must follow the rules of the contest, as well as the rules and regulations of the locations where they may seek out the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder.
9. No destruction of private or public property is necessary to find the WMMQ Big Ten Party Stores Easter Keg. No risk-taking is required to locate the 94.9 WMMQ-FM designated key-holder.
10. 94.9 WMMQ-FM may at any time during the promotion and at its absolute discretion terminate or suspend the competition or change contest rules.
11. All decisions made the monitors and judges appointed by 94.9 WMMQ-FM WILL BE FINAL.
12. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Federal 1099 (Miscellaneous Income Form) will be issued to the winner for the determined Federal/State/Local income tax reporting periods by Townsquare Media-Lansing, the prize provider.
13. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of any on-air registration period is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to weather, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend the registration to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors, and contest. Entities liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Contest Entities be liable for attorney fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
16. Contest Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Giveaway you are requesting the winners for) to Townsquare Media List, c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable Giveaway.