A 34 year old guy in England (not the man pictured above) went to the doctor with complaints that he had difficulty swallowing and had a "popping sensation" in his neck, which was swollen - could barely talk or swallow.

Extensive examination determined that the guy had a "spontaneous perforation of the pharynx" . Allow me to interpret: he blew a hole in his throat!

It was eventually discovered that the trauma to the guy's throat was caused by pinching his nose and closing his mouth to prevent an epic sneeze from escaping - THAT'S what caused it.




More From 94.9 WMMQ