Best Places to Go Sledding in Michigan
When I was a kid, my friends and I would go sledding all of the time. It had to be the tallest and fastest sledding hill that we could find or we wouldn't go.
We would use our toboggans, sleds, saucers, anything that would build up the fastest speed going down the hill. And you know, even the wipe outs at the bottom of the hill was such a blast.
According to mhs2go.com, winter is on its way and it's time to start planning some fun family activities to beat that cabin fever.
Let's take a look at the best places to go sledding in Michigan:
1. Timberlee Hills in Traverse City. Some people say that Timberlee is the largest tubing hill in Michigan. Timberlee offers enjoyable winter tubing where you can zoom down the picturesque snowy incline.
2. Hanson Hills Recreational Area in Grayling. This place is nothing short of family fun. You will enjoy downhill skiing, snowboarding, and nordic skiing. And have fun on their super fun tubing hill.
3. Cannonsburg Ski Area in Rockford. Are you ready for some really fun winter entertainment? We're talking about thrilling high speed fun as you glide down the large incline. The terrain parks will test your skills and more.
4. Boyne Mountain in Boyne Falls. I've been to Boyne Mountain several times and had such a blast sledding down their series of hills. You'll want to sled down the hills all day long. The handy conveyor system will pull you back to the top so you can try to beat your record.
5. Shanty Creek in Bellaire. Skiing the slopes at Shanty Creek is a lot of fun. If you just want to head out on a family sledding trip, this is the perfect place to just go for it. You'll practically fly down the slopes.
There are so many great places to go sledding here in Michigan. If you're ready for more family fun, check out mhs2go.com.