Experience Fall with 7 Charming Michigan Cider Mills
September 22 is officially the 1st day of Autumn and you know what that means? It's time to take your family to some of the best cider mills around in the Great Lakes State.
I've been going to Uncle John's Cider Mill for so many years that I didn't realize how many charming and amazing cider mills are our there in our beautiful state until I did a little homework.
When you think of fall, you think of raking leaves, pulling out those sweaters and hitting a few cider mills for donuts, cider, and all kinds of fall fun.
According to onlyinyourstate.com, here's a list of the top 7 charming cider mills in Michigan:
1. Dexter Cider Mill at 3685 Central St, Dexter. What makes this cider mill so charming is the fact that it's the oldest continually operating cider mill in Michigan. There's a lot of history and fresh pressed cider to enjoy with the family.
2. Robinette's Apple Haus & Winery in Grand Rapids. What a charming cider mill that's been around since 1911. The apple orchard offers U-pick apples which kids really enjoy. Many family activities to enjoy as well.
3. Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills. What I really enjoy about some of these charming cider mills is reading about their history. Yates cider mill was founded in 1863. Yates does a great job and they have delicious hot and fresh cider.
4. Franklin Cider Mill in Bloomfield Hills. Talk about a great cider mill that is just loaded with fun for the whole family. Lots to see and do at this charming cider mill. Hayrides for the kids and fresh cold cider and warm donuts.
5. Crane Orchards U-pick and Corn Maze in Fennville. Crane Orchards is one of the best cider mills in Michigan. They have such delicious treats to enjoy as well as picking your own apples. They also feature their annual haunted corn maze plus there's a restaurant on site to enjoy too.
6. Uncle John's Cider Mill in St. Johns. What's not to love about Uncle John's. I've been going to Uncle John's Cider Mill for the past thirty years and I'm here to tell you, it's worth the drive every time. There's plenty of hard cider along with fresh donuts. Enjoy tractor rides throughout the apple orchard and enjoy shopping for souvenirs.
7. The Fruitful Orchard and Cider Mill in Gladwin. This is such a cute and charming cider mill that offers cider slushy's. They have a really nice on site shop and you can indulge in a few slices of fudge too. Check out the pumpkin patch and enjoy fresh pressed cider. (onlyinyourstate.com)