Mid-Michigan Town Named As One of Ten Safest In State
If you live in Grand Ledge, you're probably already aware of this. But, homesnacks.net has named Comet Country as one of the ten safest cities in Michigan.
The list was based on three major criteria: violent crimes per capita, property crimes per capita, and total crime per capita. Grand Ledge ranked number 8 out of 194 cities and municipalities with more than 5,000 residents. Gaines Township in Genesee County topped the list, while Jackson County's Spring Arbor Township was ranked number 6. Livingston County's Hamburg Township ranks number 9. Here is the Top 10 Safest Cities in Michigan:
- Gaines Township (Genesee County)
- Raisin Township (Monroe County)
- Lapeer Township (Lapeer County)
- Thetford Township (Genesee County)
- Grosse Ile Township (Wayne County)
- Spring Arbor Township (Jackson County)
- Kinross Township (Chippewa County)
- Grand Ledge
- Hamburg Township (Livingston County)
Other Lansing Area municipalities in the top half of the list include St. Johns (#32), Mason (#50), and East Lansing (#97). To see the full list from homesnacks.net, click this link.