Weird Michigan Laws That Still Exist
Before you read any further, take this quiz to see how well you know weird Michigan Laws.
How'd you do? Now that you've read a couple of them, you might be interested in other weird Michigan laws that are still on the books. Good news, we've got a whole list of them for you.
You might want to be careful because some of these laws can get you a ticket or maybe something worse. If you have friends that just moved here or will be moving here soon, maybe share the list below with them just in case.
The following list comes from Ranker:
- Adultery is illegal and can be punished only after a complaint from the victimized spouse.
- Anyone over age 12 can get a gun license if they haven't committed a felony.
- You can't kill a dog with a decompression chamber.
- There is a punishment of five years in prison if a male seduces or corrupts a single girl.
- Having sex in a parked car is illegal unless it's in your own driveway.
- If burglars are hurt within the house they broke into, they can sue the owner.
- Old hoop skirts can't be thrown out onto the sidewalk or street in Grand Haven.
- On Sundays, a man isn't allowed to scowl at his wife in Detroit.
- You aren't allowed to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
- Pigs can't run free in downtown Detroit streets unless they have rings in their noses.
- Police must inspect bathing suits in Rochester.
- Cars may not be sold on Sunday.
- It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo.
- To keep your cow on downtown Main Street in Wayland, you must pay three cents a day.
- Women can't cut their own hair unless hubby says it's OK.
- You can't get drunk on trains.
You can see more laws that still exist and some weird ones that are no longer on the books here.